I am not a huge chocolate fan, but I do love white chocolate. Last year I happened upon this recipe and tried it out — a total winner. Very tasty. One of Gavin’s favorite cookies that I have made! Remember that you don’t have to make all of the cookies at once. You can roll them up into little balls, make however many you want, and then freeze the rest in a freezer bag, then pop into the oven and add on one or two extra minutes to the cooking time.
Pistachio & White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 TBSP Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/4 cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Rolled oats
- 1-1/4 cup Pistachios, chopped
- 1-1/4 cup White chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Cream the butter and sugars together on high speed for three minutes.
- Add the eggs, milk and vanilla and beat for 3 minutes, being sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure even mixing.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and rolled oats. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients slowly, being sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure even mixing.
- Fold in the pistachios and white chocolate chips. Drop heaping teaspoonfuls onto a cookie sheet with parchment or a silpat.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to set up on the cookie sheets before moving to a baking rack to cool completely.