Another keeper from Dinner a Love Story.
Mustardy Pork Chops with Apples and Onions
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 4
- Olive Oil
- 4 Boneless pork chops (about 1-1/4 lbs., thin sliced), salted & peppered
- 1 Onion, large, sliced
- 1 Apple, peeled and slivered to same width as the onions
- 2 TBSP Mustard (grainy)
- 2 TBSP Cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider, water or apple juice
- Add the oil to a large skillet (that has a lid) over medium-high heat. Brown the pork chops, about 2 minutes on each side. (Do not cook through.)
- Remove them from the pan and turn the heat to medium-low. Add a little more oil, if necessary, then add the onions and apples and cook 5-7 minutes, until they have wilted.
- Add the mustard, vinegar and juice to the pain, scraping up any brown pork bits from the bottom and bringing to a boil for about 1 minute.
- Add the pork chops back to the pain, nestling them with the onions and apples; reduce to simmer. Cover and cook another 2 minutes, until chops have cooked through. If pan sauce is liquidy, remove chops and boil sauce for another minute.