Another keeper from the Dinner a Love Story cookbook!
Apricot-Mustard Baked Chicken
Total Time: 40 minutes
Serving Size: 4-6
- 6 to 8 Chicken pieces, skin-on (thighs or drumsticks), patted dry
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup Apricot jam
- 1 TBSP Grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup Water
- Leaves Thyme (from two sprigs)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place the chicken on a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, whisk together the jam, mustard, water, thyme, and a little salt and pepper in a small saucepan over heat for about 3 minutes (the mixture should be slightly syrupy).
- Pull the chicken out of the oven and pour the sauce on top. Continue baking for another 15 minutes. For the last 3 minutes, place the chicken under the broiler on the top rack so it gets golden and crispy looking.