Another good one from the Lemonade cookbook! Handy to keep around for when I have parsnips on hand!
Roasted Parsnip & Pecorino with Vidalia Onion-Bacon Vinaigrette
Yield: 4 cups
- 2 lbs. Parsnips (about 8 large), peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup Pecorino cheese, shaved
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- 1.5 strips Smoked Bacon, cooked & chopped
- 1/4 small Vidalia Onion, diced small
- 1/4 small Granny Smith apple, diced small
- 1.5 tsp Honey
- 1.5 tsp Parsley, chopped
- 3/4 tsp Sherry Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Granulated Garlic
- Pinch Dry Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- MAKE THE DRESSING: In a mixing bowl, combine bacon, onion, apple, honey, parsley (1.5 tsp), vinegar, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Gently blend with a whisk. Pour in oil all at once and lightly whisk until the ingredients just come together.
- Put parsnips on a large baking pan, drizzle with the olive oil (2 TBSP), toss to coat and spread out in a single layer. Season generously with salt and pepper. Roast, shaking the pan from time to time until just tender and slightly browned, 15-20 min. Allow the parsnips to cool to room temperature.
- Transfer the cooled parsnips to a mixing bowl. Toss with the vinaigrette, cheese and parsley.