This recipe came from my Abundant Harvest Organics newsletter. We liked it, but it is especially noteworthy that Gavin’s dad enjoyed it, too.
Black Bean Salad with Fuyu Persimmon
- 1 can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 Avocados, peeled and cut into 3/4" pieces
- 3 Fuyu persimmons, peeled and cut into 3/4" pieces
- 1 Shallot, thinly sliced or diced
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 TBSP Fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Tabasco
- 1 tsp Lime zest
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Prepare the avocados and persimmons and thinly slice or dice the shallot.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and dress with dressing. You may use all or only the desired amount. Can be eaten as-is or added to a bed of lettuce or greens of your choice.