These are Uncle Brad’s famous chocolate, chocolate chip cookies. I was never able to get the cookies to replicate his chewy and delicious cookies, so I had him over last fall to demonstrate how to make them. It turns out that you should not take the measurements listed in the ingredients too literally…follow, instead, the recipe instructions for true measurements.
Uncle Brad's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cubes Butter
- 1/2-3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2-3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 oz Vanilla Pudding Mix (dry)
- 2 Eggs
- 2-1/4 cup Flour
- 12 oz Chocolate Chips
- Melt 2 cubes butter in the microwave until soft but not melted. Stir.
- Add in 1/2-3/4 cup sugar, amount depending on sweetness desired (measured in a glass pyrex liquid measuring cup). Stir.
- Add in 1/2-3/4 cup brown sugar, amount depending on sweetness desired (measured in a glass pyrex liquid measuring cup). Stir.
- Add in 2 tsp. vanilla. We just used the cap from my Costco vanilla bottle. Stir.
- Add in 1 tsp baking soda. Stir.
- Add in vanilla pudding mix. Stir. (If you want Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cookies, use fudge or chocolate pudding mix.)
- Add in 2 eggs. Stir.
- Add in 2-1/4 cups flour (measured in a pyrex liquid measuring cup). Stir.
- Add in 12 oz. chocolate chips. Stir.
- Put large scoopfuls (golf ball size) on a foil or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then eat!