Another good one from the Dinner A Love Story cookbook. This one is very simple, but there has to be foresight to prepare since it takes a long time to cook in the oven.
Baked Sausage with Apples, Potatoes and Onions
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 3 cups Whole, small potatoes
- 1 Onion, chopped in large chunks
- 2 TBSP Olive oil
- 4 sprigs Fresh thyme
- 4 Italian Sausages, mild/sweet
- 2 Granny Smith apples, (unpeeled) chopped
- 2 TBSP Apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Combine the potatoes and onion in a large baking dish and toss with 1 TBSP olive oil, the leaves from the thyme, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place sausages on top of vegetables. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, until sausage is brown on top. Using tongs, flip over the sausage and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop apples and toss with a little more olive oil, salt and pepper. Scatter the apples around the sausage, drizzle cider vinegar over the whole dish and bake for 5 more minutes.
- If desired, serve with dollops of spicy brown or Dijon mustard.