Another keeper from Abundant Harvest Organics. A word to the wise: if you think that your muffin tins are too full, keep filling them — these really cook down in the oven. Oh, and if you forget to put foil on to cover, you’ll be all right.
Scalloped Sweet Potato Stacks
- 1-1/2 lbs. Sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp Fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 c Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 c Heavy cream
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Layer half of the sweet potatoes in a lightly greased 12 cup muffin pan. Sprinkle with 1-1/2 tsp. thyme and 1/2 cup cheese. Top with remaining sweet potatoes.
- Microwave cream, garlic, salt, pepper and remaining thyme for a minute. Pour cream mixture into muffin cups about 1 TBSP per cup.
- Bake at 375°, covered with foil for 30 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let rest 5 minutes. Run a knife around each cup and lift stacks from cups using a spoon.