Another good recipe from Abundant Harvest Organics that we’d like to keep. When I made this I decided to make one loaf instead of two because it didn’t seem to be enough batter for two loaves. Mistake — although the flavor was good, it didn’t cook through too well. I look forward to making this again next year when hyachia persimmons come in season again.
***Ooops — It seems I can’t edit the recipe, but I should have put that the bread bakes in a 375 degree oven.***
Persimmon and Pear Bread
- 2-1/4 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp Cloves
- 1 cup Plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup Finely diced ripe pears
- 1/2 cup Persimmon puree (from hyachia persimmons)
- 3/4 cup Chopped pecans
- Coat two loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In another bowl combine yogurt and moist ingredients.
- Fold the moist and dry ingredients together.
- Fold in the persimmon puree, pears and pecans.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.