I wanted to keep this recipe from Abundant Harvest Organics so I am putting it on my blog. We loved how this came together, even though we didn’t follow the recipe in that we peeled the squash (the recipe calls to leave the skin on).
Acorn Squash with Rosemary and Brown Sugar
- 1 Acorn squash, unpeeled, halved and seeded and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 TBSP Butter
- 1/2 cup White wine
- 1 TBSP Olive oil
- 3 TBSP Brown sugar
- 1 TBSP Chopped rosemary
- 1 TBSP Lemon juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Heat oil and butter in a sauté pan.
- Arrange squash in pan in a single layer. Cook & flip until a deep golden brown on all sides.
- Carefully pour the wine in the pan and sprinkle the brown sugar, rosemary, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. salt and dash of pepper over the squash. Cover and simmer until the squash is almost tender, 10 minutes.
- Flip the squash over and cook until the liquid is thick and the squash tender. Place on platter and drizzle with remaining liquid.