I found this recipe in Better Homes & Gardens, but for some reason it isn’t listed on their website. Gavin and I tried it and it was tasty, so I am posting it here to keep it for my records.
Steak with Fig Tapenade
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Malt Vinegar
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 tsp Soy sauce
- Pinch Cayenne pepper
- 4 Steaks, 1-inch thick
- 6 Figs, firm
- 2 Tbsp Shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Nicoise olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Basil, torn
- In a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, malt vinegar, lemon juice, soy sauce, and cayenne pepper. Pour half the mixture into a shallow baking dish.
- Season steaks with salt and pepper. Add to the baking dish, turning to coat. Set aside.
- Meanwhile for the fig tapenade, add to the vinegar mixture in the medium bowl the figs, shallots, olives and basil. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Sear steaks for 6-ish minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Serve steaks with fig tapenade.