Another delicious recipe from the Splendid Table that I want to keep, so am posting on my blog.
Iced Fudge Popsicles
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Good cocoa
- 2 cups Milk (or water for less rich pops)
- 1/2 Vanilla bean (or vanilla paste!!!)
- Pinch Salt
- In a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, dissolve the sugar in 2 cups of water (I used milk). Once dissolved, whisk in the cocoa, vanilla and salt. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 to 5 minutes until the mixture thickens slightly and is smooth.
- Remove from the heat, then remove the vanilla bean (If using vanilla paste, there is no need for this) and cool. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds and freeze.
- Variation: Try coating the tips of the lollies with nuts or coconut by packing it in the bottoms of the mold before pouring in the chocolate mixture.