I made this recipe a couple of months ago, having gotten it from the newsletter for my CSA, Abundant Harvest Organics. We thought it was a great recipe and I am putting it on my blog to keep it bookmarked for future eating (and so I can now throw away the recipe card)!
Broccoli, Cheese & Potato Soup
- 2-1/2 cups Broccoli, chopped & steamed until crisp tender
- 1/3 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 4 cups Potatoes, diced & peeled
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Salt (or to taste)
- Dash Paprika (or to taste)
- In large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add flour, pepper, salt, and paprika and stir until smooth.
- Add broth, milk, and potatoes, stirring constantly until it boils and thickens.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cheese and cooked broccoli and cook over low until cheese is melted and soup heated through.
- Some crispy croutons may be added as a garnish as well as some chopped parsley or cilantro for a kick.